Thursday, October 4, 2012

The doorway

From: Thomas, Dawn A.

Dear John,
Last week I visited BR in the library for an orientation.  As I was leaving, a small boy – who had just come through the hallway doors and was heading in my direction – looked up at me, stopped still, then hurried back to the doorway.  I at first assumed that he had forgotten something and was headed back to his classroom.  As it turns out, he was hurrying back to make sure he could open the door for me as wide as it was possible for him to implement.  He spoke no words, but the beaming smile on his face said it all.  To me, it was a heart-warming illustration that even the youngest Montessori child is nurtured in an environment of grace and courtesy.

Best regards,
Dawn
 





From: John Long
Dawn,
What a great story! It reminds me of the request that I got several years ago from Rhonda Durham, Executive Director of ISAS (Independent Schools Association of the SW), asking all member schools to report on how we teach character development. My response was that we do not have a packaged curriculum for such instruction, but rather, it is a part of the warp and weft of daily life at Post Oak: developed thru the way children learn in the classroom, the way they interact with the adults and with each other. Your story wonderfully illustrates not only the development of grace and courtesy, but also personal empowerment. Even that very young child felt that he could offer assistance to you, an adult in his world. Wow!

John
 
From: Thomas, Dawn A.

Yes, as I thanked him, I could sense his joy at not only being able to “do” for himself but also for me. It hurt my heart to observe at the few “traditional” schools to which Bryan and I had been referred – the overall environments clearly were not set up to truly foster empowerment of the child.

11 comments:

  1. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work!.spiderman toys

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreicate that you produced this wonderful article to help us get more knowledge about this topic. I know, it is not an easy task to write such a big article in one day, I've tried that and I've failed. But, here you are, trying the big task and finishing it off and getting good comments and ratings. That is one hell of a job done! Li-ion battery manufacturer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! What a brilliant job you’ve accomplished here. All the facts on this topic are available in this post. I have not read any article up till now that tells every little fact about a certain topic. You must be very proud of yourself. Keep this up and you shall become the best writer ever!limo Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind. thanks for sharing the information keep updating. looking forward for more posts. PLease visit site picbear

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should know that what is the real benefit of live streaming and why should you do it? There are various benefits of live streaming that includes your favorite sports and your movies as well. he best part of FuboTv is that it can recorded and one can view it any other time apart from the time when it is live. The FuboTv viewers are equally entertained and excites to watch new contents and enjoyment. fubo.tv/Connect

    ReplyDelete
  6. All you require is a device with the FuboTv app, The FuboTv application is open on many Smart TVs, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Google Chromecast, Android telephone, tablet, iPhone, iPad, and PC, Mac internet browsers. You will be incited an connect code to interface your FuboTv account and can be available through fuboTv connect code. How To Activate FuboTv

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of the best things is that it is easy-to-use and you can Fubotv/connect based on the device you want to connect. One such option is FuboTv, an online streaming service that allows you to watch live TV without paying for a cable subscription. Once you are done with the full setup at fubotv/connect, you can easily watch live news, sports, and many more shows of some of the popular TV networks. fubotv/connect

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every aiding machine comes with an alternative to signal in with your e mail identification and password. You have to pick Sign In choice when you launch the Fubo Tv app and enter the e mail tackle you used to open an account for Fubo and enter the password. fubo.tv/activate code

    ReplyDelete